Here are some thoughts about the current state of Big Data and other technology initiatives that I have gleaned over the years. (All axioms are ©crhPhDConsulting.net)
- Big Data is having more data than you can process and manage within acceptable tolerances (e.g. time, quality, cost) as a problem – doing something about it is the opportunity.
- If Big Data Science is not a technology problem, then let’s focus on the PROBLEM: the non-technology side, or the human-side.
- Our Big Data Science, Analytics & Intelligence is an ENVIRONMENT and a SYSTEM, not an APP
- We must perfect the blending of disciplines to educate & train on Big Data Science (vs. perfecting specific disciplines)
- Doing what you are doing will not get you out of the fix you are in since it got you in the fix in the first place – innovate and improve!